| Bump Nest Maternity Pillow | Swell Water Bottle | Preggo Maternity Leggings |
| Eco Tan Sunless Tanner | Zoe Organics Belly Oil | Cedarwood Essential Oil |
| Beautycounter Style Sea Salt Spray | Young Living Cinnamint Chapstick | Expectful App | Humidifer |
I’m still kind of in shock that this week I am 15 weeks with this little butterbean. I figured it was time for me to share some of my favorite things that help me get through my second trimester. If you have any questions or things that helped you during your pregnancy, feel free to email me! I would love to hear about your favorites!
- This pillow is a LIFESAVER I tell you! I loveeee sleeping on my stomach, so the whole you can’t sleep on your belly really chaps my butt. Sleeping on my side is quite uncomfortable for me, and the farther into my pregnancy I get, my belly seems to feel more and more heavy when I lay on my side–almost like it’s going to pull my skin lopsided during the night. The only way I am able to get relief is by snuggling into this fabulous pillow by Bump Nest! It snuggles me in the back, gives me support between my knees, and I put it under my belly and use it to prop it up. I sleep so much better when I have this bad boy around me. I’ve used it with all three of my pregnancies and I highly recommend you get one; you can thank me later.
- When you’re pregnant you feel like a thirsty camel who has traveled across the desert during the most intense hot sand storms. I could chug water until the sun goes down, and I drink way more than ten glasses a day. I’ve come to LOVE my Swell Water Bottle because I can carry it with me and not worry about buying overpriced water from the gas station that tastes like fluoride tap water anyway. I have a filter on my tap so it cleans my water and I fill it up as needed… aka every five minutes 😉 I love this water bottle because it’s stainless steel and it keeps your drinks colder than cold all the while looking super cute. They have tons of patterns to choose from but this one is my favorite right now!
- Maternity Leggings – I really don’t need to say more. Wearing pants at this point feels like a form of punishment and I refuse to wear them for longer than a few hours. Derrek picks at me because I can barely wait until I get inside our house to start shimmying out of my jeans and into some leggings. I found the Preggo Maternity brand a few months ago and after trying them I will never wear another pair! They feel like BUTTER ya’ll! My legs and belly feel so much more comfortable when I’m wearing these bad boys and I wear them out as much as possible without people asking me if I only have one pair of pants to wear, haha! I love this brand I cannot wait to style more colorful ones during the Spring and Summer.
- One of my least favorite things about being pregnant during the winter is feeling out of control pastey white and large and in charge. To eliminate this feeling, I use Eco Tan sunless tanner whenever I go out in public and want to get a little color back on my skin. I really don’t like being pale and I feel like it puts me in a depressed mood… during the Spring and Summer I use any excuse I can to stay outside with the kids and get some sun on our skin. I really love this brand and reviewed their products in December – you can read that post here.
- As my belly grows I want to make sure that I nurture it, so I love applying this Zoe Organics belly oil after a bath or shower. I apply it on my breasts, hips, thighs and butt (don’t laugh) during my pregnancy! This oil is “a powerful blend of nutrient-rich oils proven to fight stretch marks and scars by aiding in healthy skin cell regeneration and restoring skin’s elasticity.” It’s made with the best organic ingredients by a company that I LOVE and trust. I use their other products so I decided to add this one to my regimen and I have fallen in love! It leaves my skin silky soft and has helped keep it hydrated during the winter months.
- Ya’ll know how much I love Young Living Essential oils, so researching and finding out what I can and cannot use during pregnancy was one of the first things that I did. I have a case of a witchy attitude at some points in my pregnancy and cedarwood really helps me relax and snap out of that. Cedarwood has a warm, woodsy aroma that creates a comforting, uplifting experience. The scent really draws me in and I’ve gotten Derrek to use it in his beard oil, deodorant and body lotion because I think it’s a manly and sexy scent. Cedarwood oil contains the highest amount of sesquiterpenes. What are Sesquiterpenes? They are a hydrocarbon group that is found in essential oils. They stimulate the limbic system of the brain which helps to elevate our mood and helps us relax (overcome stress). This explains why Cedarwood is relaxing and may help with focus. This is a huge deal for me during pregnancy because I need all the happy vibes I can get to cancel out what I like to call a bad mood and my husband likes to call crazy lady 😉 If you’re interested in oils – please email me!
- I don’t know about ya’ll but my lazy meter has skyrocketed when it comes to fixing my hair. I either wear it in a bun, messy braid or when I wear it down it’s beachy waves. I have found the best product to create this look from Beautycounter. I have used their products for a few years now and when this one came out it was a must have for me. I love sea salt sprays, but they tend to leave my hair greasy looking. THIS ONE IS PERFECT. Seriously, a lady stopped me at church and one told me how great I smelled and two that my hair looked fabulous. Pretty awesome considering I woke up 30 minutes before church started haha.
- Along with all the other lovely things that happen to your body during your pregnancy, get ready for the driest, chapped lips you’ve ever had. Seriously, I barely go outside and my lips get so cracked and bleed. I use this Young Living Cinnamint chapstick because I LOVEEEEEE the smell and taste and because I trust the company. SO many chapsticks are filled with toxic chemicals that I really steer clear of -especially during pregnancy. I started using this chapstick two years ago and it’s still my favorite. I have to hide mine from Derrek because he loves it so much! I tried to buy him his own but he is scatter brained and he will lose his and come searching for mine. I really love knowing that the products I am applying to my body have been made with the best quality ingredients and that I am doing what’s best for my body and my baby!
- I am a naturally anxious person so I’ve researched a lot of methods to cope and one of my favorite ways is meditation. I found out about the Expectful app and use it pretty much every day! Expectful is a digital meditation platform that is empowering expecting moms to give their babies the best start in life. There are guided meditations – long and short for each stage of your pregnancy. I really love these because they focus solely on pregnancy and where you are at during your pregnancy so it’s easier to visualize a peaceful place. Meditation really helps me get out of a bad headspace and back into a positive environment for myself and my baby to flourish in.
- When you’re pregnant, it doesn’t matter the time of year… the amount of stuffiness you experience is UNREAL. The amount of snot that collects in your nose–especially at night–is absurd! After being quite irritated at this entire process during my first pregnancy, I went and invested in a humidifier for my bedroom. GAMECHANGER ya’ll. It’s like the heavens opened up and God gave me my ability to breathe again! I love sleeping with a humidifier so much that we ended up going and purchasing a nicer one so it circulates in our bedroom better at night. My husband really appreciates not hearing my angry sighs at all hours of the night from not being able to breathe and my kids even benefit from the humidifier if they are ever stuffy.