I covered a week’s worth of healthy breakfast recipes last week, but this week I want to focus on lunch. It does not matter if you work from home or commute to your job, the struggle to stay healthy is hard, and in order to see results, you have to stay committed. I encourage everyone to meal prep so you can grab healthy options versus unhealthy “fast food” for convenience.
When packing a lunch, I always make sure I have 5 things (and examples):
1. Starch and protein – turkey sandwich, almond butter and jelly sandwich, hummus and crackers, cheese quesadilla
2. Fruit – apple, grapes, peaches, applesauce, berries, fruit salad drizzled with honey, pineapple, banana
3. Veggies – carrots, celery, sliced peppers, snap peas, broccoli, salad
4. Snack – Luna Bar, Kind Bar, string cheese, avocado toast, Greek yogurt
5. Water – so, so, sooooooo important! Always stay hydrated and drink water throughout the day. Most water cravings are misinterpreted as hunger cravings and lead to overeating! Always drink a glass of water before you eat and see if that satisfies you.
Making sure you always pay attention to these 5 items will help you stay healthy and on track during your weight loss journey!