Lettuce Wraps with Chicken and Peppers
We eat this fast, simple and healthy meal a lot in our household. This is so easy to throw together, I save it for days like Sunday when I am burned out from cooking all week and just want to relax and enjoy the day. The wraps are super filling and packed with protein from the chicken and avocado to keep you full longer.
- 6 organic mini sweet peppers
- 2 organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 organic romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- 1 jar organic black bean and corn salsa
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken into small cubes and peppers into slices
- Place cubed chicken and peppers into a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Pour olive oil and minced garlic into a skillet and sauté a few minutes to release the flavors of the garlic
- Add in chicken and peppers and cook over medium heat for eight to ten minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly
- Spoon cooked chicken and peppers into a leaf of lettuce
- Cut avocado in half, take the half and cut slices into it, take a spoon scoop out slices.
- Top chicken and pepper mixture with sliced avocado and a spoon full of salsa*, wrap and enjoy!
*For an option that does not exclude dairy, shredded cheese and plain Greek yogurt (healthy substitute for sour cream) can be added as additional toppings.