All organic ingredients
-medium sweet potatoes (I made two per person)
-3/4 pound (about 2 small) boneless skinless chicken breast
-1/4 cup coconut oil
-fresh juice from one lime
-1 teaspoon granulated garlic
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon cumin
-2 teaspoons chili powder
-sea salt and cracked pepper
-2 cups spinach
-greek yogurt, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash your sweet potatoes under water to remove dirt then prick all over with a fork. Place potatoes in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Put raw chicken in a glass baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of coconut oil, sea salt and pepper. Put in the oven with the potatoes and continue baking for 25 minutes.
4. Take chicken out and shred the chicken with a fork or your hands and set to the side.
5. When the sweet potatoes are fork tender, cut them in half and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then scoop out insides and set in a bowl to mix with chicken later.
6. In a medium size bowl combine the rest of the coconut oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and wilt the spinach. Add chicken and mix. Add mashed sweet potato and mix. Set aside and keep warm.
8. Turn your oven up to 400 degrees. Take sweet potato skins and place in baking dish upside down. Coat skins with sauce and bake for 5-10 minutes until crispy.
9. Remove skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken and sweet potato mixture, top with shredded cheese (or leave plain).
10. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and greek yogurt (healthy sour cream substitute) if desired. Follow my blog with Bloglovin