This blog has been compensated by Baby Booster and I received these products in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Read my disclaimer page for more information.
The last few weeks of my pregnancy are here, and the cravings I am experiencing are out of control. My food tastes have changed so much throughout this pregnancy, especially when it comes to breakfast. If you’ve been following the blog for a while, then you know I used to be a smoothie bowl type of girl, but at this moment I am obsessed with pancakes and waffles.
I refuse to eat tons of unhealthy junk because of the saying “you are what you eat” and because the sweet little one that I am growing inside of me is growing from the foods that I’m eating as well. I found a pretty simple pancake/waffle recipe that I like and I’ve used that for a few years now. I just added a scoop of the Kona Mocha chocolate protein powder by Baby Booster to my recipe and ta da, a healthy chocolate option that completely satisfies my sweet tooth!
I really love the Baby Booster protein powders because they are jam packed with the nutrients that a pregnant mama needs. I have used their protein powders to make a varity of different things including really awesome popsicles with their Superfruit prenatal protein powder mix and my kids now ask for them all of the time!
1 scoop Baby Booster Kona Mocha protein powder
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
6 tablespoons of water
2 teaspoons of coconut oil
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Combine protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and eggs
3. Mix until dry ingredients are wet.
4. Add water, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture becomes the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
5. Grease waffle iron with coconut oil.
6. Spoon mixture into waffle iron until coated.
7. Close waffle iron and cook as per manufacturer instructions. Our waffle iron has a timer that goes off when they are ready.
8. Serve plain or add fresh fruit on top and your favorite syrup. We use honey and berries!